How to add a posting below . . .

To add a new posting, send an email to me at bassriverhistory@gmail.com with a comment, question, story, photo, observation, etc. It will be posted below, shortly after the email is received. To comment on an existing posting, click on the "comments" command below the posting and type your comment. Your comment will show up immediately.   Pete Stemmer

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 26, 2010 Snow Storm

Well, we sure got quite a snow storm last Sunday and Monday here in New Gretna. By my reckoning we got from 14 to 16 inches.

I thought I would share a few photos that I took from inside my North Maple Avenue home. It's too cold and windy to venture outdoors. I'm just sitting here admiring the beautiful view, sipping warm apple cider, and counting my blessings.

Pete S


Swans walking on the frozen Bass River.



A closer look at the swans



Snow on the bench



The bird feeder but no birds



A view of the garage



Another river view from our living room


1 comment:

  1. Hi all: I lived in NG from 1940-1946 and do not remember snow. Is there anyone old enough here to set me straight? Did it snow measurably in NG back then? Thanks
    PS: I DO remember the hurricane in 1946 or was it 1945.
    Beverly Mathis Robinson

    ReplyDelete