How to add a posting below . . .

To add a new posting, send an email to me at bassriverhistory@gmail.com with a comment, question, story, photo, observation, etc. It will be posted below, shortly after the email is received. To comment on an existing posting, click on the "comments" command below the posting and type your comment. Your comment will show up immediately.   Pete Stemmer

Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Gretna School 1970 Yearbook

The Saturday, August 29, 2009 Blog entry dealt with Edward Petitt, the New Gretna School Principal in the late 1960's, and the 1968-69 PTA Booklet. Hopefully, it brought back memories of school days gone by.

Another school year started this week, so I thought I'd do a followup on Principal Petitt and an overview of the School Board, faculty, and support staff in the New Gretna School in the 1969-70 school year. I'm sure that the following photos from that Year Book will bring back memories from those of you who went to the New Gretna School that year or had children in the New Gretna School that year. If so, I would appreciate you sharing some of your memories here at the Blog. I see some familar names and faces, some of whom have appeared or have been mentioned in the Blog.

My thanks to Betty Petzak who loaned me the Year Book.

Pete S

PS- I'll be featuring the photos of some of the students from the 1969-70 year book this Sunday. If you went to the New Gretna School then, one of the photos might even be of you. Stay tuned!



















Kindergarten


First Grade


Second Grade


Third Grade


Fourth Grade


Fifth Grade


Sixth Grade & Principal







Librarian



Nurse



Janitors



Bus Drivers



Bus Driver



1 comment:

  1. I had Mr. Petitt for History in 1964, plus or minus a year or two. But at Pleasantville High School. The name rang a bell, but when you posted the picture, I was sure. I dug out my graduation year book and he was still at PHS in 1966 (my graduation yearbook year). I didn't know him well, but he was a great guy from what I can recall.

    ReplyDelete