• Boyhood Memories of Allen's Dock by Jim McAnney - p1+
• Antiquity Revisited, Leah Blackman's description of a country kitchen comes alive in a pen and ink sketch by Ron Kurtz - p3+
• Spotlight on "Dolly" Falkinburg, a pioneer women's race car driver in the New Gretna area in the 1950's through the 1970's by Pete Stemmer - p 4
• Genealogy Corner - The Headley Family of New Gretna by John and Nancy Headley - p5+
• News From The Past - A visit back to New Gretna on May 19, 1949 - p7+
• Another Thing I Remember - Duck Hunting on the Wading River by Steve Eichinger - p8+
How to add a posting below . . .
To add a new posting, send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a comment, question, story, photo, observation, etc. It will be posted below, shortly after the email is received. To comment on an existing posting, click on the "comments" command below the posting and type your comment. Your comment will show up immediately. Pete Stemmer
Thursday, April 9, 2009
THE EAGLE HAS FINALLY LANDED!
The March, 2009 edition of The Bass River Gazette is finally out. It will be available at the New Gretna Post Office by late morning today, will be mailed out to the Gazette subscribers shortly, and may be viewed on the Bass River History Web Site by clicking on the site address below:
It contains the following articles:
We hope you find it informative and enjoyable.