How to add a posting below . . .

To add a new posting, send an email to me at bassriverhistory@gmail.com with a comment, question, story, photo, observation, etc. It will be posted below, shortly after the email is received. To comment on an existing posting, click on the "comments" command below the posting and type your comment. Your comment will show up immediately.   Pete Stemmer

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mystery Photo

I got the following email from Patty S. and hope that someone out in the Blog-O-Sphere can help to identify the location of the photo. I haven't a clue; however, I think we can say that it definitely was not taken in New Gretna. 

Pete S

Pete, 
Do you or anyone out there on the blog knows where this might have been taken? This was in my Grandmother's pictures. There is nothing written on the back. It might have been part of a larger picture as the right side has been cut as it's wavy, not straight like the left side. She was born and raised in New Gretna. She was a McCambridge, her mother a Loveland, and her mother a Gaskill and her mother an Allen. All these families lived in the area so I'm sure it's from Burlington County somewhere. 
Patty S.



PS- Interested in old Burlington County scenes? You may want to take a look at the old postcard collection from the Burlington County Library by clicking in the postcard below.



1 comment:

  1. I know nothing of the pictures but from the family description I think that our grandmothers were sisters. My grandmother was Ludella Loveland. Her mother was a Gaskill. Her father was Reuben Loveland. The Allen that was mentioned was Reuben's first wife.

    Jim McAnney

    ReplyDelete