How to add a posting below . . .

To add a new posting, send an email to me at bassriverhistory@gmail.com with a comment, question, story, photo, observation, etc. It will be posted below, shortly after the email is received. To comment on an existing posting, click on the "comments" command below the posting and type your comment. Your comment will show up immediately.   Pete Stemmer

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Two Mystery Ladies

I received the following email from Beverly Mathis Robinson and hope that someone out in the Blog-O-Sphere is able to help her with some photo identifications.

Hi Pete:

The recent picture of the four people from the Old Home Society [See June 9th Blog entry.] made me remember a picture I have and wonder if one of them is the same person, Margaret Adams.

(l-r) Estella Mathis, unknown, Julia Mathis, unknown.
(Courtesy of Beverley Mathis Robinson.)

As you can see from the description, the first person on the left is my grandmother Estella Adams Mathis. The second is unknown. The third is my aunt, Julia Mathis DeChristofaro, and the fourth is the one I suspect is Margaret Adams.

Can anyone out there say for sure if that is her? And, would anyone know who the second person is?

Thanks

Beverly Mathis Robinson

Well, Beverly, one thing I can say for sure is the woman on the right is definitely not Margaret Adams. She looks nothing like the photo you mentioned of the four people on the Old Home Society photo nor any other photo that I've seen of her. I don't know who the woman is nor the other unknown woman.

Pete S

No comments:

Post a Comment