How to add a posting below . . .

To add a new posting, send an email to me at bassriverhistory@gmail.com with a comment, question, story, photo, observation, etc. It will be posted below, shortly after the email is received. To comment on an existing posting, click on the "comments" command below the posting and type your comment. Your comment will show up immediately.   Pete Stemmer

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let It Snow

I woke up this morning to our first snowfall of the 2009 winter season. That's good news and bad news. The good news is that it means pancakes for breakfast. Jackie and I have a tradition, since we've been married, that we have breakfast pancakes when it snows. This morning it was buckwheat and oatmeal pancakes with butter and maple syrup. Yummie! The bad news is that I have to shovel. Ugh!

I thought that I would post some photos throughout the day to show all you snowbirds down in Florida and out in Arizona what a beautiful winter snowfall looks like. So, stop by throughout the day to keep updated. As of 9 AM this morning, it's about 5 inches and counting!

My buddy, Gary Nisley, who lives a little ways up in Leektown, reports about 6 to 7 inches at 9 AM. My sister-in-law down in Charlottesville, Virginia called at 11:30 this morning and said they had 2 feet of snow on the ground and that it was still coming down. She had planned to be in New Gretna for Christmas, but we may not see her until New Years.

If others out in the Blog-O-Sphere email me photos of the snow in their yard, I'll post them here along with my photos. Let's see who gets the most snow!

Pete S.


9 AM with about 5 inches on the ground.

9 AM with about 5 inches on the ground.

9 AM with about 5 inches on the ground.


It's now about 1:00 PM and still snowing. There appears to be about 7 to 8 inches of snow.


1 PM and still snowing


1 PM and still snowing


1 PM and still snowing


1 PM and still snowing



No comments:

Post a Comment